That's right. It's that time of year. The air is crisp and weighted with excitement. The smell of baked goods fills every home on the street. The lights. The singing. The joy. It's beginning to look a lot like....my birthday!
So in honor of my birthday month (and because I may be too exhausted in 20 days to actually celebrate it), I give you my thoughts on turning 28.
If you would have told me ten years ago that by the age of 28....
-I'd be married to a wonderful, successful, accomplished, intelligent, funny, handsome man
-I'd be a mother to the most beautiful, hilarious, and charismatic 2 year old
-I'd be awaiting the birth of a second baby boy
-I'd have graduated college with an education degree (not journalism, marine biology, english, dance or theater) and am already happily retired
-I'd prefer quiet nights at home with my family rather than nights out at bars
-I'd dream of a big house in the country rather than a small loft in the city
-I'd lean more on my faith in God than on my own strength or understanding
-I'd have a great group of girl friends who support and love me...all of whom I love and support in return
-I'd feel more beautiful than ever
-I'd learn to appreciate where I came from
-I'd spend less than 20 minutes in front of a mirror on an average day
-I'd laugh more as a married mom than as a carefree teen
-A clean house and toddler kisses are my 2 favorite things
-I'd know that the older I get, the happier I am
...I wouldn't have believed you.

No comments:
Post a Comment