Do you ever feel like you're in one of those music videos where the surrounding world is moving at back-breaking speed while you are walking in slow motion?
That's been my life the last few months. Maybe it's my ever-growing news feed on Facebook. Maybe it's the hundreds of tweets I don't really read while scrolling through merely trying to reach the top. Maybe it's the inbox full of bloggy notifications letting me know that everyone is blogging EXCEPT me. Maybe it's the 9 million instagram pics of people seemingly living a life that I want for myself. Maybe it's the 16 different unwatched shows that are silently haunting me from my DVR. Maybe it's the 300 or so pictures on my camera's memory card that have yet to be downloaded. Maybe it's the overflowing monthly calendar of places to go and obligations to fulfill. Maybe it's the laundry list of things to do....you know the one you start and successfully cross off a few things only to lose steam and transfer the rest to a whole new list which may or may not, weeks later, still be untouched and pinned to a bulletin board that you walk by hundreds of times a day. No? Just me? *Shrug. Whatevs.
Whatever the cause...some days I feel like I'm driving for the first time on the interstate with two hands on the wheel in the slow lane watching others speed by while multitasking on their smart phones and bluetooth earpieces. It's taking all I have to focus on the face-to-face encounters with the people that I love most. It's taking all I have to raise my children and run my home and not end the day with one big headache. It's taking all I have to connect with God each day in a meaningful way. And it's taking all I have to fulfill the obligations I've already committed to. So excuse me while I put the chatter of everything else on hold. It's not that I don't care that you love Country Outfitter's cowboy boots that they may or may not give away because you "like" their page {has anyone ever REALLY won anything by doing that stuff??} or that I don't enjoy a good crazy cat video, or that I don't want to see your beautiful vacation pictures, or that I think I'm too civilized to watch the latest American Idol Vegas cuts. It's just that right now....I'm moving in slow motion...so go ahead...Ill catch up later.
No comments:
Post a Comment