A year ago today, I fell in love with a 3rd Watson boy.
My second son Charlie was born and God again made room in my heart for one more. After having some trouble getting and staying pregnant this go around, my perspective changed a bit, and I have soaked up every minute of his first year. Seeing how fast Carter grew up also made me realize how fleeting babyhood really is. So through what seemed like never ending sleepless nights, days when I fought to keep my sanity, and moments when my patience wore thin, I took a deep breath and reminded myself that he grows a little more every day. And if I'm not careful...I'll miss it. So I've rocked him a little more, cuddled him a little longer, and kept everything baby for as long as possible. I've been in no hurry to make him walk, talk or do anything remotely toddler...in short, I'm procrastinating. There's no going back once they find their legs, and I know he'll be walking into a Kindergarten classroom before I know it. But for now, I'm living one day at a time, finding joy in the little things, and stealing as many kisses as possible from those pudgy baby cheeks.
He is happy, giggly, and an all around easy baby.
For his 1st birthday, I went with everything little man inspired.
Everyone wore their best tie and donned a 'stache before being served desserts and homemade hot cocoa.
My favorite moment of the night was looking up and seeing everyone giggle and point at each other's mustaches. Laughing is my favorite thing to do, but honestly I've been too exhausted to do much of it lately. It was good to be silly for a few moments and laugh with the ones I love.
Not to mention this kid. He tends to light up any room
also...he may be a sugar fiend like his mommy
This birthday wasn't just a milestone for Charlie...it was a milestone for me, too. I have learned so much this past year. And for someone who likes to move 100 miles a minute and be perfect at everything, the most important lesson I learned was to stop...and enjoy the crazy messy non perfect moment. Because those are often the best ones.
Happy Birthday Charlie Joseph



The last paragraph is so hitting home with me. That is exactly how I see 2013 being for me. Love this!
ReplyDeleteToo cute. I can't believe he's 1 already. Happy Birthday Lil Guy.
ReplyDelete