Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Flying Solo

We made it through our first day home alone!  Charlie was born 2 Fridays ago, and Daniel or one of our moms has been here to help me out since then.  While I needed the help, part of me was ready to get back to business as usual.  The other part of me, however, wanted to grab the keys and squeal out of the driveway at 6:30 this morning.  Today was THE day.  Time to be a big girl.  Just hold your breath, Heather, and pray that 7pm comes quickly....and amazingly, it did!  Somehow between all of the usual chores, meals, diaper changes, bottle feedings, and nap times we all managed to get a bath {yes, I'm counting my own cleanliness as a success}, Carter and I made it outside for some much needed Vitamin D, birth announcements were sent out, and a healthy dinner was made. Might I add that after having some digestive issues, our son is taking Miralax and requires exactly 15g of fiber everyday.  You can imagine that this hinders the potty training process a bit...things{and by "things" I mean poo} tend to sneak up on a person under those kind of conditions. But we managed just fine, and only 1 accident...and it was during nap time so I'm not real upset.  

Stopping a few times a day to feed Charlie meant Carter got some extra playtime on the IPAD {the monkey math app is AMAZING}
I'm not really sure what I was so afraid of.  The unknown, I suppose.  But no one died, Carter still got to have plenty of mommy time, Charlie transitioned to his own room & crib *sniff sniff*, and mommy still got some alone time.  My superhero cape might have grown a bit bigger today. 

1 comment: