Tuesday, January 10, 2012

36 Weeks

I haven't done any pregnancy posts {mainly because I kept forgetting to take belly pictures}, but there's no reason I can't combine 9 months worth into one tidy post, right? Right.  I figure I'm close enough to the end, that if I don't sit down and do it now...it may not happen at all.  Thanks Britney for the Bumpdate ideas!

36 Weeks:

Morning Sickness?  Yes, the entire first trimester.  It's part of the reason I thought to take a pregnancy test.  It was awful and I spent a lot of mornings on the couch, but by week 14 it was completely gone.  Thank goodness!

Cravings?  It is different every day, but the consistent craving has been SUGAR...which is horrible and not like me at all.  Gummy Bears {only the clear ones}, chocolate covered anything, cake, cobbler, pie, cookies, ice cream, and milk shakes.  I do my best to abstain, but I think about sweets constantly.  When I get something in my head, it stays there and taunts me until I let myself have it.

Weight Gain? About 35 lbs which is scary to think about in terms of losing, but it's what I gained with Carter so I'm hoping it will come off as easily the second time around.  I refuse to obsess over calories, so I guess it comes with the territory.

Maternity Clothes?  Mostly leggings or yoga pants with long shirts or dresses.  I'm trying my best to stay out of my nonmaternity clothes for fear I'll stretch them out, but I've made a couple exceptions. 

Turnoffs?  Red meat and avocados.  Bleh.  Both of which I usually LOVE.  oh well. 

Favorite Things?  Epsom Salt baths, old navy slipper boots, TUMS, maternity pillow, and back rubs from the hubby

Best Moment?  When we found out it's a boy and that his name would be Charlie Joseph, after my dad and grandfather.

Worst Moment?  Overdoing it through the Holidays and landing myself in bed for a week.  Not fun. 

Sleep?  I think it's funny that people keep telling me "enjoy sleeping while you can" because I'm not really getting a lot of it.  Since my second trimester I haven't been able to sleep very well.  At this point, I'd at least like to have an adorable baby boy to oogle at while I'm awake at night.

Belly Button?  Flat.  Not in...not out.  Just not at all.

What I miss most?  Sleeping on my stomach...I daydream about it being the first great thing I do after labor

I won't lie, I'm a little over the pregnancy, but I can't WAIT to meet baby Charlie!!  I'm excited to get this show on the road!

1 comment: