So I took a little blogging hiatus for a while. Refocusing and all that jazz. And of course, I could wait until my life is a living Pinterest dream to whip up some fancy blog post like I'd planned, but chances are that's a bus I'll be waiting for that never comes.
Because...let's face it. Kids can be bat$*it crazy sometimes. And it's a miracle and by the grace of God that we Mommies don't go bat$*it crazy right along with them {it's okay if you do. I'm sure the "I took a break with Jesus in the pantry to eat little debbies in the dark" blog post will come soon to explain how I deal with the crazy}. So who has the time or energy for new exciting projects when your toddler is testing the buoyancy of brand new rolls of toilet paper in the nearest latrine? No. Not me.
So here we are. At the corner of I'm Trying & Keepin It Real. I'm a real mom doin real mom stuff.
And in light of this new outlook...I need fresh air and sunshine in a bad way {no for realz. I just caught a whiff of the inside of the diaper genie} so we are taking our first camping trip with children. *insert applause*
Ok...with child.
Singular. *it' still okay to applaud*
My amazing and perfectly outrageous 3 year old son, Carter.
Because there is only so much this mom is willing to endure, and the crying screams of an 18month old
in my ear as I carry him on my back to the top...and then back down to the bottom of Stone Mountain is not really what I envisioned for myself on this trip. So us big kids, who are potty trained and a little better suited for the wilderness{ish} are leaving him with the grandparents tomorrow and heading for Stone Mt. Park in GA.
This place seems a little more like urban camping with things like train rides, laser light shows, carnival games, duck rides, and zip lines...makes my plans of tents, campfire, and hotdogs or s'mores for every meal seem a little lackluster... but we will see how it goes. If ya want to check it out...here ya go


No comments:
Post a Comment