Gift giving, for me, is difficult. I think the perfectionist in me wants to give the perfect gift every time, and I usually talk myself out of every idea that comes to me. So when I realized I was weeks away from my 7 year wedding anniversary, the usual gift giving panic set in. I had just given my hubby pictures of the boys for Father's Day to hang in his office at work, so I thought he should have at least one of me in there, right? Well, somehow, I talked myself into slipping into my wedding dress for a few pics{let's just take a moment to appreciate the fact that I could get that sucker over my recently acquired mommy hips}. I commissioned one of my shutterbug friends, Brit, to help with the camera work, and we braved the 100+ temps to snag a few shots around the neighborhood. Sweat and bugs aside, we ended up with some great photos. Here are a few of my faves...
It didn't feel quite right to leave the boys out...
It was fun, and I couldn't help but think back to our wedding day and all the excitement that came with it. I'm so blessed to have married such an amazing man. We've had our share of challenges and tears, but at the end of the day, I know he's in my corner. He's more than I deserve, and I'm lucky to have his love. Here's to 7 years strong. Happy Anniversary, baby!
Always, your bride :)





No comments:
Post a Comment