Friday, March 2, 2012

Getting Out & Settling In

It's been a little over a month since Charlie was born, and I'm finally feeling like myself again. Charlie has settled in to a schedule, and things seem to be back to normal...or maybe a new normal. I think the baby blues were starting to set in, but luckily I have good friends who get me out for girl time and unseasonably pretty weather to help me bounce back.  I've been making an effort this week to get out of the house with the boys, even if it's just down the road to a nearby playground for a picnic lunch with friends.



 Or canine hunting {aka searching the neighborhood for our prodigal dog, Winston, who's new obsession is running away} picture not included

Or driving a county over to Grandmama and Papa's house

We made sure to introduce Charlie to his great grandparents while we were in town

 While a full night's sleep is hard to come by, staying in yoga pants and a tee, and having a lazy day with the boys is tempting, but too much of anything is a bad thing.  And there is no denying that this child loves to be outside and active.

So this mom has been busy planning future day trips and activities to keep us cabin fever-free

P.S. I'm open to toddler friendly suggestions!! 
 

2 comments:

  1. It is definitely good to get out! I'll try to think of some more fun things to do too. It helps so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on little Charlie..he is adorable! YAY for boy moms! And a little sunshine does the soul good :)

    ReplyDelete