Friday, November 4, 2011

Because I Don't Say It Enough

When I met you, I was dead.  I was cold and alone and kept walls up to protect me from loving or being loved by anyone ever again.  It seems like a lifetime ago, and it's hard to imagine that young woman now. 
But I believe God sent you to me.  Dropped you right into my life when I least expected but when I needed you most.  When I needed love the most.  He knew that you would make me want to be a better person.  To be smarter.  To be kinder.  To be loving.  To be driven.  To be focused.  To be passionate.  To be hard-working.  To be faithful.  To be honorable.  To be successful.  To be admirable.  To be graceful.  To be honest.  To be tempered.  To be gentle.  To be strong.  To be more like you.  Because you are all of those things.  When I see you in a room full of people, I am so grateful that you are mine.  You are the guy in the room that everyone likes.  You are a good friend to those who are lucky enough to call you one.  You work hard to provide for our family.  You are an amazing father, and sometimes my heart can't handle how much I love to see you love our son.  You love me more than I deserve.  You are my best friend, and you are the one I want beside me.  If you aren't there with me to share it, chances are it won't be as great as it could have been.   You know me better than anyone, but you never stop trying to understand me better. 
And because I don't say it enough...Daniel, you are wonderful and I love you.

1 comment: