Saturday, October 8, 2011

Keep On Keepin' On: Potty Training Beyond Day 3

It's been almost two weeks since the 3 Day potty training began, and I must say...the whole experience is better than what I thought it'd be (expect the worst, and maybe you'll be surprised- my motherhood motto).  I've learned that like all other child training, consistancy is key.  We have to celebrate the 23,000th time just as much as we celebrated the 1st time.  This, my friends, requires endless energy.  Accidents still happen (usually when he is distracted by buzz lightyear) which requires endless patience.
He has been at Grandmother's all week while mommy was soaking up sun at the beach, so I had a feeling today would be a doozy.  I was right. 
Not only did I have to remind him that tantrum = spanking (yes, I spank. Get over it, or get on board), I also had to pretend like it was potty training day 1 again.  Watching him like a hawk, and giving him lots of juice so we had lots of oppertunities to go in the potty.  Gummy bears, potty dance, oxy clean, rags. 

We have learned that reading material is helpful to keep Mr. Ninety-miles-a-minute on the pot for longer than 2.5 seconds. 
It never failed...he would have a poo poo accident 5 minutes after getting off the pot.  So, keeping him on a few extra minutes "just to be sure" never hurts. "Max's Halloween" is his favorite right now.  Mommy prefers "Diapers Are Not Forever." Just sayin.


All we can do is keep working toward no accidents.  So here's to a future of countless celebratory dance parties in the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment