Since little Charlie came along, Carter sometimes gets the short end of the attention stick. So my husband and I planned a few adventures to take him on, just the three of us. He's gotten to be a good little side kick, and he's pretty low maintenance at this age so I thought this summer would be the perfect time. His reaction to the beach is really what inspired me. He's old enough to appreciate the wonder of most things, and that is magic that you can't miss. First up, the Nashville Zoo!
Sometimes, as an adult, it's easy to pass up things like crawling on your hands and knees to get an inside view of a meerkat cage (above), skinning your ankles on the Jungle playground slide, or paying an extra ten dollars for a 3 minute zebra train ride. But you do it because doing those things with mommy is what they may remember most.
Those fish came correct and posed for photos
My little photographer in training. The elephants from his point of view
Hi! I'm a new follower :) Found yours through another one I follow and just love your blog! We went to the Nashville Zoo a while back - too bad it was in the winter and none of the animals were out and about! Lots of walking but a beautiful zoo! :)
ReplyDelete