Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Springtime brain dump

I haven't blogged lately because I've had lots of partial ideas floating around in my head, so I'm just gonna dump it all out here in this blog. 

-Easter was pretty fun this time around.  It was pretty laid back, which was a good change of pace.  Also, Carter is old enough to appreciate an Easter basket full of fun things, and there are really no words to describe introducing your child to Play-Doh for the first time.
I cheated a little and gave it to him on Saturday, because I knew we'd be out and about on Easter Sunday, and it just seems torturous to give a kid gifts he can't play with right away.
Next year my goal is to start a tradition of a Good Friday dinner here at our house.  I'm looking to bring Easter to us instead of traveling to-and-fro...also, I'd like an excuse to buy all things rabbit.


-I've been getting out with the boys, and it gets easier each time.  Granted, it takes twice, if not three times longer to actually leave the house, but I make it happen at least once a week.  I got the Mobi wrap

 in the mail the other day, and I'm working up the nerve to go to the grocery store with both boys now that I have a way to carry Charlie.  Dear Publix and Target, you should have carts that can handle both a toddler and a baby carrier...just sayin.

-Breastfeeding is for the birds.  That's all I have to say about that.

-Both boys are in super cute stages right now.  Charlie is learning to smile and coo, and Carter's personality is starting to bloom.  He's pretty funny, and makes me laugh all the time.  He's been a great helper, and loves his baby brother.  They make my heart smile.

-I've been having some good girl time with friends lately.  I have a few different circles, but I got to have most of them all in once place for my birthday and then the baby shower, and it's great when that can happen.  All together or separate...love you, girls!

-After more than a year of feeling restless {for no good reason}, I think I've finally settled in to life.  The sleepless newborn nights are behind me, for now, and my body{and hormones} seem to have bounced back.  The light at the end of my husband's busy tax season tunnel is in sight, and things are goooood on the marriage front.  Miscarriage, the pressure of trying to get pregnant again, pregnancy, and a tax season newborn tend to put a damper on things.  Sometimes marriage can be all business...marital auto-pilot. Communicating the necessary amount between life's distractions.  By the time you've done a day's work, scarf down dinner and get the kids in bed it's easy to lay on opposite sides of the bed and zone out...but we're back, baby!

-I am leaving for a family beach trip next week and I'm real excited.  My parents, brother, sister and her family are joining us, and we've rented a big house on the beach!  I used to see those big beachfront houses and think "one day..." and next Friday is that day!  The last time Carter was on the beach he wasn't really old enough to be excited, so it should be fun to dig in the sand and play in the waves.  I'm sure I'll blog about it...but until then

that is my springtime brain dump, people

No comments:

Post a Comment