Tuesday, September 6, 2011

mirror, mirror on the wall...

Okay, I am writing this post out of sheer frustration and the need to vent to girls who understand.  Last night, I saw that I had been tagged in a friend's photo, and after checking out said picture, I was immediately in a horrible mood.  How, on a night that I thought I looked so cute, could I look so terrible in a photo?!  Why didn't my mirror tell me before I left, "Hey, maybe you should put your hair back, use more eyeshadow, and don't let anyone take a picture from the right side of you...it's officially your bad side." 
Now, I am in my second trimester of pregnancy, so there is a certain lack of motivation to spend a lot of time primping.  However, I've decided I HAVE to try harder.  It is very rare that I step from behind the camera to be in photos, so when I do I need them to look decent. 
So, this morning I woke up, as I usually do after a good night's sleep, with resolve to find a solution.  Must Fix The Problem.  Enter Pinterest, to the rescue!  Hair and makeup tutorials till my bottom is numb from sitting.  Good news is I found Keiko Lynn who has several good tutorials on the same blog.  So in the next few weeks I plan to dust off the curling irons, old make up bags and pull out the eye shadows and eye liners that I have long packed away.  I've never been a huge makeup person, and usually choose a more natural look, but evidence shows that's not working for me in photos anymore.  Hopefully I'll have some looks down by the time my friend Laura comes to take baby bump pics.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment