Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Preggo and Purging

That's right!  I'm pregnant and purging...old clothes, shoes, linens, housewares, and anything else that might get in my way.  Some might call it nesting, but technically that term only applies to the days before labor when oxytocin floods your brain and sends you into an unexplained mother hen frenzie.  So I'm just calling it "Reality check: you have no storage space so you better get rid of some crap."
First on the list: My wardrobe...will I really ever wear these size small Polo shirts again? No. Toss.
Will I, or more importantly, SHOULD I ever wear these low rise skin tight jeans again?  No.  Toss.
Will I ever wear these 18 fuzzy sweaters again? No. Toss, toss, toss.
Will I ever need these 13 pairs of nice Banana Republic dress pants again? Probably not, but it just seems irresponsible to throw those out.  Keep.
Maternity in, 20-something college girl out. The rest goes in storage, because it's just too sad to look at all the clothes that don't fit this baby bump right now.  See you in February, my lovlies!

Next on the List:  Carter's toy situation- Operation Big Boy Room includes revamping my childhood toychest so Carter can keep the majority of his toys in his big boy room...hopefully keeping my living room tidier.  Fingers crossed.

After That:  New baby's room- you know that place where  you just throw everything that has no other home?  Yeah...you're lookin at it.  However, this requires husband help so it's gonna have to wait at least another few weeks.  Ugh.
Horray for getting rid of useless closet clutter!  I feel lighter already :)

3 comments:

  1. Ummm....I can store those banana republic pants for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new blog design! Yay for decluttering! I always feel so much better afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the process of decluttering, but LOVE the results! If I don't do it soon, I cannot imagine the total and complete freakout that will happen if (when) I get pregnant :-)

    Love your new page layout!

    ReplyDelete