Monday, June 6, 2011

Brain Dump

I love Britney's idea of a brain dump...so here goes.

There are a few projects that I need to do around the house.  Not big ones...but they require just enough effort to keep me from getting started.  Maybe because all of them require a small shopping trip, which should be easy now that Carter can handle a day trip...but it means that I have to argue that mommy buckles him in and "no, I will not sit and wait for you to figure it out yourself." It's like a mini war every time I get him in and out! I can hear his brain thinking "I want to do it MYSELF." It also means that I have to heave him in and out of a car seat.  Quite frankly, it makes my biceps burn.  So why don't you do them on the days when Carter is at Grandma's, you might ask.  Because I'm so stingy with those days!  I want to lay by the pool or watch the shows that I can only watch when my husband's not around to make fun of me.  So those projects continue to sit.  Unfinished.

I'm scared that I won't enjoy my trip to Seattle because I'm so nervous about taking Carter on a plane.  No escape if he gets fussy.  Can't let him down to run around when he gets squirmy.  I'm gonna be that parent with the rotten kid who won't shut up.  I'm scared.

I'm officially a youth leader.  There is only 1 young girl right now, but that number will grow.  Am I good enough?  Am I really the best person for the job?  Do I have a story to tell?  I've been saved my whole life...I don't really know if there was ever a shiny moment when things became clear and Jesus miraculously changed my life.  I've been continually blessed...always.  But is that was kids want to hear?  Will that encourage them to be followers of Christ? 

My husband got an IPad2...I miss him.

I'm in the process of buying my son big boy furniture.  How did this happen?  I thought I'd never get to this point...and now that it's here I kind of want to put it off.  Potty training?  No Paci?  Twin bed?  Packing up the highchair?  I find myself clinging by the tips of my fingers to the days of baby Carter.

We need a finished attic....our house is bursting at the seams with STUFF.  Baby stuff, bachelor stuff (which is way worse than any other kind of stuff), our childhood stuff.  But then, if we had an attic...it would just be full of junk!  Today is one of those days that I'd like to throw it all in the back yard and burn it (which would violate Homeowners Association as well as city codes)

If you list something on craigslist...it should be mandatory to mention if you (A.) own a cat and (B.) are a smoker.  It might make me think twice before buying a dresser that emits toxic fumes.  Also...please make sure someone is awake to answer the door when I come knocking.  It's not my responsibility to "pound like hell until they hear" me.  Those are the seller's words...not mine.

2 comments:

  1. Haha you crack me up! Congrats on the youth leader job! You will do great. Just remember who put you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be awesome at the youth leader job! Don't worry about the numbers - they'll come :-)

    ReplyDelete